top of page
Girl Guiding Logo.png

Permits Required

For all journeys onboard our narrowboat's, the Master must be a member of the Scout or Girl Guiding Association and hold a current Scout Association Adventurous Activities (Narrow Boat) permit or Girl Guiding equivalent. Please note a Royal Yachting Association (RYA) permit on it's own is not sufficient. 


During the winter months we offer training sessions and assessments for the Scout Association Adventurous Activities (Narrow Boat) permit. To find out more about running a narrowboat activity with your scout group please Click Here. We also offer training and assessments for the Girlguiding narrowboat scheme. To find out more about the Girlguiding Narrowboating Scheme please Click Here. 


Our training sessions for both scout and guide narrowboat permits usually take place in October/November and again in February/March when our narrowboats are not in use. Training is currently free of charge for Wakefield Dsictrict Scout Leaders and a one off cost of £50 for all other leaders. 


If you would like to gain or renew a narrowboat permit please send a request to our training team using the: Training Request Form.

For groups with young people staying overnight on-board our narrowboats, a leader must also hold the Scout Association Nights Away (NA) Permit or Girl Guiding Equivalent.


To find out more about the Scout nights away permit please Click Here or for more infomation on the Scout nights away permit please see the: Nights Away Permit Scheme (FS120800) guide.

Nights Away Permit

bottom of page